By Laura Marshall and Helen Marshall
We’ve shown you the principals of a marketing plan and given you tips for successful marketing, but that’s not enough is it? What you really want to know is what there is to do your marketing – all the tactics available to put your book out there.
To satisfy your thirst for knowledge we’ve compiled a list of all the marketing tactics we’ve used in our marketing campaigns.
- Regular posting of new, related content on your personal accounts
- Twitter interviews
- Facebook Ads
- GoodReads (etc.) author page
- Online book launches
- Author/Book website
- Personal blog
- Blog tour
- Book Trailer
- Sales (holidays/events, etc.)
- Print and magazine ads (investigate at least 3-4 months before you release your book)
- Online banner ads
- Book launches
- Convention appearances
- Maintain a personal mailing list
- E-mail about pre-orders
- E-mail when book is available in stores
- E-mail about sales
- E-mail new, related content
- Do NOT exhaust your readers
Now you’re armed with all the tactics available to you. So what are you doing reading this blog? Get off your couch and start promoting!